Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What if Christmas......

I stood there motionlessly as the music played. My mind was overwhelmed by the minor setback in life. Then, he went up to stage and said, "friends, you're not alone in this Christmas, many came today with broken heart, hurt and disappointment! But I want you to know this!" He flipped his bible, and declared, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!" Unconsciously, my heart's strings were pulled, and tears raced down my cheeks. I've never thought that he would say such things, not in Christmas especially. It all seemed pre-arranged, and God knew exactly what words could soothe my wounded soul and ease my pain a little.


But what if Christmas was not as joyful as you'd expected it to be? What if Christmas was down due to life's circumstances? Through my years on earth, my Christmas was spent with great joy. And it's devastating that someday, in somewhere, your Christmas was no longer a joyous season in your life. The day will come when you'll be put to test, when things doesn't go your way anymore.


Oh God, let your will be done. No matter what comes my way, I know that you are in full control. Even though Christmas was hit by some unexpected setbacks, life still goes on, and hope is still alive even in darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment