Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hanging By Thread

If someone, your friend, colleague or classmate told u that he/she was hanging by a thread, what is the first thing that will cross your mind? Apparently, something has gone wrong!! Maybe some of us here don’t really understand the phrase “hanging by thread”. Well, it’s not hard to understand because it’s pretty straightforward and the phrase actually speaks for itself. The real meaning of this phrase is someone is in a very tough and uncertain situation, and is likely to fall to the bottom of the cliff if he is not careful because he’s hanging by thread, not rope, nor any other sort of thing that may keep him from falling. We all know that a thread can easily be broken into two simply by pulling it with our hands, let alone sustaining a person at high altitude from falling.

Well, this phrase was used by one of my friends who are also a trainee in AA during one of our conversations. Honestly, I couldn’t help myself laughing the moment I heard him saying this because got some sense of humours there. He was actually using that phrase to reflect his current condition, which is pretty much same as me, very uncertain and is likely to fail our test because the training is just too tough and we all are preparing for the worst case scenario already. How pathetic!!

Maybe you’d be thinking we’re just too pessimistic and negative, but to tell you the truth, you just can’t be positive if you’re in our shoes and many the times we’re on the verge of giving up. Yeah, some people do talk about passion, enthusiasm, commitment or whatsoever… Screw those things… I don’t need them at this moment. Who cares about passion when you’re in this kind of situation? They’re dead, don’t tell me about how passionate you were in the past this and that, if you can see through your current difficulty, then you’re allowed to talk about them, else, just eat and sleep with your books everyday and be prepared to be bombarded by your instructor the next day.

So guys, this is just part of the stories about the thing I have been thru recently. Many sacrifices have to be made, a lot of hard work has to be put, a lot of time and energy has to put as well. In fact, I never felt satisfied with my training and I always felt that something is missing or lacking. Imagine I need to live this kind of live throughout my flying career; it’s just too much to bear. Flying is stressful my friend, don’t think its fun. But I have chosen to pursue my dream in the first place, so I shouldn’t complain anything at all, else, why bother to be a pilot if you’re not interested? It’s time to do some reflections in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment